The objective of our supply chain approach is transparency and accountability. We believe this leads to better working conditions, resulting in a more responsible and resilient supply chain.
In 2007, Western Digital joined the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA). In 2017, we reinforced our active participation in this nonprofit organization by consolidating our WD, HGST and SanDisk subsidiaries into a single Western Digital RBA membership. We continually invest in improving the social, environmental and ethical responsibility of our supply chains.
We expect our suppliers to invest equally in the above responsibilities.
Our suppliers demonstrate their commitment to responsible global supply chains by following Western Digital’s Supplier Code of Conduct.
Western Digital Supplier Code of Conduct
In addition, we ask suppliers to commit to the following complementary policies:
Global Human Rights Policy
Responsible Minerals Policy
We routinely invite our suppliers to engage with us through Western Digital Responsible Supply Chain initiatives, including:
- Supplier performance reviews with discussion of supplier scorecard that includes compliance and sustainability measures
- Supplier Training and other collaborative activities and programs
- Annual Global Citizenship commitment letter
- WDC Supplier feedback mechanism channeling concerns to the RBA
- WDC Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility (CSER) programs, i.e. Carbon Disclosure Program - CDP, and others.
For more details on our Responsible Supply Chain, please see our latest Sustainability Report.
For general supplier questions, please contact Western Digital at Responsible.SupplyChain@wdc.com
To report misconduct in our supply chain please use the Western Digital Ethics Helpline.