Western Digital’s Return Policy is for Western Digital, WD, SanDisk, SanDisk Professional and G-Technology products.
- Please login to your portal account to initiate an RMA.
- A Return Material Authorization (RMA) will be needed to return a product to Western Digital.
- The items on the shipment must match the correct number of pieces, model numbers and serial numbers (if applicable) specified in the RMA.
- Western Digital customers are responsible for shipping costs1 to Western Digital and Western Digital will pay the shipment of the replacement. Customer will be responsible to pay all applicable duties and customs charges for shipments to and from Western Digital, unless otherwise authorized.
- Western Digital recommends using a carrier that will provide the ability to track the shipment. Please retain a copy for your record.
- The RMA number is valid for 30 days.
- Please remove and keep 3rd party enclosures2, cables, brackets3 and manuals. These items will not be returned.
- Pay on delivery shipment will not be accepted and all shipments arriving at Western Digital with charges due will be rejected.
- For current RMA status, click here.
Please note: Western Digital maintains serial number tracking. Any product discovered to be stolen will not have the warranty honored, will not be returned to the customer and no credit or replacement will be processed.
All warranty claims are voided if a product is received under any of the conditions below. Please view our warranty policy for a complete list.
- Product damaged during transport because of insufficient packaging.
- Product damaged, modified, scratched, or opened.
- Product has one or more labels removed, torn, or tampered.