Western Digital colors are families of high-performance
Internal storage is a necessary component of any system. It’s where you keep your data files, documents, photos, music and more. It’s also where your apps, programs, and operating system reside. Western Digital drive colors make it easy to identify the right drive family for your needs.
Western Digital, a world leader in digital storage solutions manufactures a wide variety of hard disk drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD) for almost every need. Our drives can assist the student or casual user that performs light daily tasks, to small businesses that require intense enterprise arrays that work 24/7 to deliver data to essential systems that enhance our lives.
We can help you compare features among the various families of purpose-built, internal drives we have to offer:
WD Green is designed for everyday light computing tasks. The WD Green family of solid state drives deliver the reliability and value customers like students and casual home users are looking for.
WD Blue gives creators the power they need. WD Blue HDDs and SSDs are ideal for desktop, laptop, and all-in-one PCs with a variety of form factors and storage capacities.
WD_BLACK is a great choice for a superior gaming experience and for enhancing any PC or laptop. With WD_BLACK you can build the ultimate gaming rig to power through your opponents.
WD Red drives are uniquely engineered for use in Network Attached Storage systems. From home offices to medium sized businesses, WD Red Family is a broad portfolio of products optimized to boost performance and increase capacity of NAS systems with up to 24 bays. WD Red drives can stand up to the heat, vibration and activity of always-on NAS environments.
WD Purple is our exclusive line of drives purpose-built for the demands of video surveillance systems that operate 24/7. WD Purple HDDs are high capacity, performance storage for smart video recording with AllFrame™ technology to help reduce frame loss and can record HD resolutions.
WD Gold is our solution for enterprise and corporate storage challenges. Designed for use in small business data hubs, WD Gold drives are built for the demands of 24/7, continuous data access, writes, and delivery.
1. As used for storage capacity, 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less, depending on operating environment.
2. Based on read speed. 1 MB/s = 1 million bytes per second. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors.
3. Available for download at https://www.westerndigital.com.
4. Memory capacity for cache is indicated in mebibytes (MiB) and one MiB is equal to 1,048,576 bytes.
5. 5 years or Max Endurance (TBW) limit, whichever occurs first. See support.WesternDigital.com for regional specific warranty details.
6. TBW (terabytes written) values calculated using JEDEC client workload (JESD219) and vary by product capacity.
7. Workload Rate is defined as the amount of user data transferred to or from the hard drive. Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred ✕ (8760 / recorded power-on hours)). Workload Rate will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.
Components and pictures shown may vary from actual product. Product specifications subject to change without notice. All functionality, features, specifications, and other general information provided, but not limited to, the limited time offers, design, pricing, component, software, hardware, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.